30 May 2017

home again, home again...

... a glimpse of some of the moments from my New York trip for How They Decorated.



Charlotte Moss, Meg Braff and I had a wonderful discussion about design based on notes Charlotte gleaned from the women in my book! She had, no surprise, done her homework by extracting quotes from the book that set off a string of thoughts about process and inspiration. The Benjamin Moore showroom was our host at the D&D, in a light-filled beautiful space and a standing room only crowd.

...collage of images from the book beautifully laid out by Jimmie Henslee, illustrator for the book. Charlotte thoughtfully cards of these on the seats of audience attendees. As to Jimmie, it was so wonderful to finally meet him. Ours has been a virtual meeting of the minds through our initial meetups on Pinterest and phone conversations about the book and about just LIFE. Jimmie sent this beautiful bouquet of white peonies for me to enjoy in the hotel.




Charlotte Moss, who wrote the foreword to the book had a supper buffet for me at her home Wednesday evening. 
In a word- glorious. Everything was so beautiful, guests included. 
I'm so happy my brother and my niece were able to be with me for these celebrations.





Thursday evening Madeline Weinrib had the first official New York book signing for me at her atelier. This was the arrangement that greeted guests as they stepped off the elevator as a pair.

Set on the floor above a wall of images of all Madeline's carpets and textiles in miniature, this arrangement is indicative of Madeline's rare aesthetic and is seen throughout her studio. 

 with my niece LIZ.



 My friend Jane, at left. & blogger and friend Bart Boehlert, who so graciously came to the signing. 

Scenes from the signing with Jimmie Henslee (at center).

Other events this week and next closer to home, a summer hiatus, then things will rev up in the fall-New York, Dallas, San Antonio, D.C, and Atlanta. If you are interested in hosting a signing or a speaking engagement you can email me through the blog, or at pgayetapp here.

Thanks to everyone who came out to help me celebrate! xo, Gaye



11 comments:

  1. That looked like a ball. So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omilord! I missed you by one week! I would absolutely ADORE to have a booksigning in Santa Barbara at my house!

    Or, I can ask the very chic nearby bookshop Tecolote......! Up to you!

    I have had a booksigning here at my house for Lars Bolander! I would love to have it here!

    Santa Barbara is a great place! Please know I would LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I am sick I missed you by one week in NYC!
    Please consider having a book-signing at our house in Santa Barbara! We would love it! What a wonderful book!
    We had a booksigning for Lars Bolander.....and for Brooke and Steve Giannetti for their first book; Patina Style.

    People love our house.....and, I daresay, my taste in books! Please let me know, Patricia! I would be thrilled! I so admire you and your book! All my favorite women decorators.....or tastemakers.....in one book!

    Brava!

    Please come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my daughter frequently says: "Mom! Pete and Repeat?!!?" I said it twice. I mean it!

      Delete
    2. I want to-just need the stars to align! pgt

      Delete
  4. Floating on a cloud...I can only imagine. You & your niece look like 2 peas in a pod, kindred Souls...your her 'everything' for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Swan! You know it when you see it! I agree! What a lovely reception in New York!!!

      Delete
    2. We are kindred spirits, and Liz is pure gold inside and out. pgt

      Delete
  5. So glad you're coming to DC; Let me know the dates so I can plan something for you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails